I have a complaint: Fall will not happen! Last week Dallas Raines told us that on Sunday we would have a high of 79. This did not happen. It was in the 90’s! Now I’m looking at next week’s weather predictions and I’ll have to push soup off another week. It’s just too hot for soup!
- Monday – Pink Spaghetti, – I will record the recipe this time. It was amazing last time I made it. Serve with Broccoli
- Tuesday – Breakfast for Dinner
- Wednesday – Pizza, Salad
- Thursday – Honey Cashew Pork Stir-Fry (try something new day!)
- Friday – Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken (grilling Friday!) going to go off of this version.
Paper Plate Weekends – This weekend we started Paper Plate Weekends. This is to cut down on the pile up of dirty dishes over the weekend. I even got some festive fall paper plates and as much as possible we used paper plates for the weekend. It worked pretty well. I think it’ll save water too.
Linking up at Menu Plan Monday.
Apparently every fall I attempt to really get back down to both meal planning and blogging. I looked back at my past “Meal Plan Monday”s and found that I had restarted last year also on the week of Talk Like A Pirate Day. And the last one I did was the week of Halloween last year. Oops. I have Pinterest now, so maybe things will be better?
- Monday – Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans. I need to make double to bring dinner to a sick family.
- Tuesday – Our first day of MOPS! We’ll have chicken & rice stir fry for dinner. I’m also bringing an egg dish and a bread for our first MOPS meeting.
- Wednesday – Taco Like a Pirate, it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day!
- Thursday – Chicken Caesar Salad, Toast
- Friday – Grilled Turkey Burgers with potatoes and corn on the cob.
- Pepperoni Sandwich (Jerrod’s favorite)
- Almond Butter & Banana Sandwich
Linking up at Menu Plan Monday
Many times a couple of days get changed on my meal plan. Last week almost every day was altered. But was it a fail? I still made dinner and I cleaned out the freezer a bit. Last week, this is what happened.
- Planned: Butter Herb Italian Pasta with Ground Turkey, Broccoli
- Reality: I realized the milk had expired. So instead of making a cream sauce a made a bake of pasta, ground turkey, and broccoli in creamy marinara topped with cheese.
- Planned: Tacos, Corn
- Reality: I discovered we needed to try not to go to the store this week if possible and alter things slightly. I clean out the freezer and bake Trader Joe’s chicken strips and Trader Joe’s garlic fries. We still had the corn and I added smoothies(strawberry/banana/pineapple juice).
- Planned: Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Rice Pilaf
- Reality: Still on my “don’t go shopping” challenge, I had no chicken. We hadn’t had the planned tacos so I still had the cooked meat for that in the freezer. I made a somewhat rice pilaf like stovetop taco rice one pan dinner with rice, ground beef, onions and corn, topped with sour cream and cheese, and we still had green beans.
- Planned: Macaroni & Cheeseburger*, Salad
- Reality: The no-shopping challenge was ended and we needed something from the Apple store, so we had dinner at the mall food court.
- Friday: Pizza
So we didn’t try the Macaroni & Cheeseburger last week. We’ll have to try again this week. Here’s what I’m hoping will happen.
- Monday – Halloween! We are going to the “Block Party” at my friends’ church. There are supposed to be four gourmet food trucks there, so we will eat at the church.
- Tuesday – Macaroni & Cheeseburger, Salad
- Wednesday – Chicken, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Thursday – Leftovers Fried Rice (whatever meat and veggies are available, I will put them in an egg fried rice)
- Friday – Going to a community meetup, so I’m not making dinner.
It can be so hard to plan consistently!
- Monday: Butter Herb Italian Pasta with Ground Turkey, Broccoli
- Tuesday: Tacos, Corn
- Wednesday: Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Rice Pilaf
- Thursday: Macaroni & Cheeseburger, Salad*
- Friday: Pizza
This is an experimental dish where we put macaroni and cheese on a cheeseburger. I have several versions of this I want to try. I’ve done a skillet type “cheeseburger macaroni”. This time I plan to try the straightforward macaroni and cheese on burger method. Crazy? perhaps.
Thursday and Friday’s meals from last week didn’t happen because on Thursday we went to Disneyland and on Friday I went shopping with my sister and just picked something up on the way home.
- Monday – Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, Broccoli (I’m also bringing this dish to MOPS the next morning)
- Tuesday – Spaghetti with Zucchini
- Wednesday – Muffin Tin Cheeseburgers, Tater Tots, Salad
- Thursday – Orange Chicken, Rice, Green Beans (but it’s also my sister’s birthday so I’m not sure if it’ll happen)
- Friday – Homemade Pizza
Ahoy! Trying to get back to regular posting and it’s Meal Plan Monday.
Monday – Talk Like a Pirate Day! – Pirate Hat Pot Pies
Tuesday – Baked Penne
Wednesday – Chicken Stir Fry with Pea Pods
Thursday – Guinevere’s Half Birthday! – Haven’t decided yet, but I want to do something fun.
Friday – Breakfast for Dinner
Menu Plan Monday